Accreditations & Licenses
Swab a Cheek, Save a life is an independently funded campaign of the Gift of Life Bone Marrow Foundation.
All swab kits provided by Swab a Cheek, Save a Life are processed through the Gift of Life registry. Gift of Life strives to provide the highest quality services possible in the advancement of its shared mission with Swab a Cheek, Save a Life to increase racial and ethnic diversity in the worldwide bone marrow registry.
Below is a list of Gift of Life’s industry accreditations, state licenses and federal registration.
- World Marrow Donor Association (WMDA)
- Gift of Life's Registry is accredited by the World Marrow Donor Association.
- National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP)
- Gift of Life's Marrow Donor Program and Cord Blood Program are both accredited by the National Marrow Donor Program.
- New York State Department of Health
- Gift of Life's Marrow Donor Program and Cord Blood Program are both licensed by the New York State Department of Health.
- American Association of Blood Banks (AABB)
- The Gift of Life Cord Blood Program is a partnership between Gift of Life and the UMass Memorial Medical Center. The stem cell cryopreservation lab where the “Gift of Life Cord Blood Program at UMass” ( Worcester, MA ) is located, is accredited by the AABB.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Gift of Life is registered with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the activities it performs recruiting bone marrow / blood stem cell donors and mothers who donate cord blood.
For further information regarding accreditation and licensure, please contact Gift of Life's Quality Assurance / Regulatory Compliance Department at 561.982.2900.